Sunday, August 31, 2008

Note To Self:

Do not go out and drink the night before you have a 12-13 mile run scheduled! I didn't MEAN to get drunk but I guess when you haven't drank in a while and didn't really eat much for dinner then it can sneak up on you....and it did. Well that didn't stop me from dragging myself up off the couch at 6:30 this morning to meet for a 7 am run. Thank goodness my friend only lives 3 miles from where we were meeting so it was easy for me to get there.

I was really unsure if I was going to make it through the whole run but I did with the support of my wonderful running buddy (and a few walking breaks) We still finished in a decent time so I know that our next long run will be a lot better than this one. Plus, as always, we are doing this for the enjoyment, not to be some supper runners! Today was full of enjoyment, great conversation and laughs. Especially when Amy looked at me with disgust and says "your mascara is running down your face". Oh yeah, I still had on my eye makeup from the night before. But that didn't stop us from getting honked at! They may have been honking to see if we needed assistance since we probably looked like we were about to die, at least that's how I feel I looked.

I tried some of that Hammer gel stuff that is supposed to give you energy during you run. I was able to get it down, with minimal gagging, although I'm not sure if it gave me any extra energy. Or perhaps it did and without it I wouldn't have made it at all. I will say one thing.....that gel did not taste as good coming back up as it did going down, HA!

Well, that's another long run down and 2 more months to go before the marathon!

2 comments:

runrgrl2007 said...

Should of met me out for a little "hair of the dog that bit you"! It was a great run and your right we don't want to be supper runners we are doing this for the enjoyment and pleasure of the accomplishment and we have accomplished alot!
Have you found your eyelash yet?
See you tomorrow night. Hope your resting well today. We will need to talk about those pics at some time my friend! LOL!

Paul said...

Hammer gel is not the best tasting stuff out there. Try either CarbBOOM or PowerGel. I think they both taste better than Hammer. No guarantees you won't taste them a second time after drinking to much but at least the first tasting would be better ;-)