Thursday, August 7, 2008

I Wish It Would Rain.....

Quote of the day (It's really from Tuesday but I forgot to post it): "The more I run, the more I want to run, and the more I live a life conditioned and influenced and fashioned by my running. And the more I run, the more certain I am that I am heading for my real goal: to become the person I am." ~ George Sheehan

On to the topic of this post....besides being one of my favorite Temptation's song, that is how I felt during my run on Wednesday. It was a short (3 mile), easy run but less than half-way through I was already sweating like a pig in a flannel blanket! As I saw the sky begin to grow dark I starting wishing for rain. How refreshing it would have been to have a cool rain start to fall during my run. Then I started thinking about my cross-country days and how we ran rain or shine. I used to love the rainy days - getting soaked and covered in dirt, so much fun. It has been a long time since I have had the chance to run in the rain. So for now.....I just wish it would rain!

No comments: