Sunday, August 10, 2008

This Ain't No Hill!!!

Quote of the Day: "A race is a work of art that people can look at and be affected in as many ways as they're capable of understanding" - Steve Prefontaine

I wake up this morning, after about 4 hours of sleep.....my fault - I was up all night playing Rockband with John-Jon and B Walton. Anyway, I'm rushing around the apartment like a crazy person trying to get all my stuff together when I get a text from Amy: "It's raining, are you still going". I REALLY wanted to say, no let's not, and get my butt right back in the bed under the covers, but since I have been mentally preparing for a 10 mile run for the past week I thought that I should go for it. Luckily, it stopped raining shortly after we got to the park and actually turned out to be beautiful weather for a run.

The run.....ok, so I prepared for a 10 mile run, what I DIDN'T prepare for was a 10 mile run through the Rocky Mountains! OK, I'm sure it was even close to that bad but it sure felt like it. The good thing was that we were running the same course as the bike section of a triathlon that was being held at the same time so we had some entertainment (read: sexy men on bikes) during the second half of the run. Someone had gone through the course and spray painted some words of encouragement on the road. One said "This Ain't No Hill" to which Amy replied, "Yes, the hell it is!" LOL, this and many other hilarious comments are what make these runs super enjoyable. I am so glad Amy is back from vacation because I need my buddy to keep me going and entertained.

All in all it was a great run, shoot we finished it! We did get semi chased by a dog - I told Amy not to talk to it but she insisted and then it started running behind us, growling. There was a trip to the cornfield (don't ask) and some crazy drivers, all things that keep it interesting. I'm looking forward to our next long run already....

1 comment:

runrgrl2007 said...

I am glad your looking forward to it. I am looking forward to laying on the couch all day! I sure hope I can walk tomorrow. Thanks once again for a great run and being such a great "running buddy"! Pedicures are deserved after that "Rocky Mountain" experience.