Went on a wonderful 6 mile run to day with Amy R. and one of her good friends, the weather was perfect! I just wanted to make that statement for the record.
The other night I made a dinner and it was delicious.
-3 med russet (baking) potatoes (8 0z each)
-3 tsp olive oil
-1 1/4 lbs. beef flank steak, trimmed of fat
-1/2 tsp dried tarragon
-1 med. shallot, minced
-3/4 c. dry red wine
-1 bag microwave-in-the-bag baby spinach
1. Preheat oven to 450F. Cut each unpeeled potato crosswise in half, then cut each half lengthwise into 8 wedges.
2. Spray 15 1/2 by 10 1/2 jelly-roll pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place potatoes in pan and toss with 2 teaspoons oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper. Roast potatoes in oven 25 minutes or until fork-tender and beginning to brown, stirring once halfway through roasting.
3. Meanwhile, rub steak with tarragon and 1/4 teaspoon salt to season both sides. Heat 12-inch cast-iron or other heavy skillet on medium-high. Add 1 teaspoon oil and steak; cook 12 minutes for medium, turning over once. Transfer steak to cutting board. To same skillet, add shallot and cook 1 minutes, stirring. Add wine and heat to boiling, boil 2 minutes or until reduced to 1/3 cup.
4. Cook spinach in microwave as label directs. Thinly slice steak and serve with wine sauce, potatoes, and spinach.
Nutritional Info: About 415 calories, 35 g protein, 37 g carbohydrates, 14 g total fat
- I followed the directions as written and it turned out great. The meat was a little more medium-rare than medium so if you may want to cook it a few more minutes if you don't like it that rare.
Final Verdict: 8.5 - It was delicious, I have been on a roll lately!