Thursday, February 26, 2009

2nd Wind

*note* I'm going to start posting the details of my runs. I got this idea from another blog I follow "Vegas Runner".

5 mile run: 55:25 minutes (average pace of 11:05). Avg heart rate: 168bpm. Fastest pace: 8:41 Max heart rate: 196bpm. I felt really good during the run and picked up the pace the 2nd half of the run. The weather was perfect and it was nice to have a run in good conditions.

Today we met at the shop (after numerous emails back and forth about where we were going to meet) for an evening run. We decided to forgo running through the park/greenway and instead decided to just run straight down Lawndale. That way was a straight shot and pretty well lit due to the street lights and car headlights. Running in the dark is still a bit scary to me and sometimes makes me dizzy.

After we got to the turn around point I started feeling really good. I decided to kick it up a notch and run the second half of the run faster than the first part. I had a really nice woman running with me so that was nice. This was my first time meeting her, she's not a regular member of the running group but was at the shop and asked if she could tag along with us. I was happy that she wanted to pick up the pace too.

I was surprised I was able to do that seeing as I had been feeling tired all day long and really didn't even want to go on the run. I really think I'm getting stronger and faster which makes me happy!

1 comment:

Stan said...

The running groups I am finding around here are all still too advanced for me. So I envy that you get to run with people. My runs are always solo. I do get to go on some hikes with other people though.