Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Swimming Udate

It has been a few days since I’ve written a post. I would blame it on the fact that we are having Thanksgiving dinner at our new house this year and I’ve been busy with that but that wouldn’t really be true. I’ve just been kind of lazy about posting and it is kind of hard to come up with something interesting to write about.

I thought I’d give you all a swimming update: I am up to 600 meters without stopping, I MAY have done 650 during my last swim, I’m not sure because I lost count in the middle. I do know that I did at least 600 meters. I wasn’t even that tired when I finished so I’m confident that I will be able to do 750 with no problem. I know there will be the increased difficulty of having to swim in open water with a bunch of other people but at least I won’t have to worry about doing flip turns. I am really enjoying swimming, not as much as running but still a lot. It really is a total body workout. I can feel my legs, arms, back, and abs being worked while I swim. Six pack here I come! If I could only resist those delicious cheeseburgers….

The ONLY problem I have with swimming is still my hair! It has gotten pretty cold even during the afternoon so I don’t really like leaving the pool with my hair wet. Previously, I decided that I would just wash my hair after swimming and put some curl enhancer in it so it would just be curly after air drying. Well on Monday it was really cold so I didn’t think it would be a good idea to go outside with wet hair. I had the horrible idea to try to blow-dry my hair. Needless to say, I ended up wearing my hat the rest of the day! Luckily it is a cute hat and matched what I had on so it didn’t look TOO unusual. So I’m not sure exactly what I’m going to do about this situation because if the recent weather is any indication of how this winter is going to be then it is going to be a cold one. I don’t think I can wear my hat every day.

No comments: