Thursday, November 6, 2008

Road to Recovery

It has been 4 days since my marathon and I am recovering nicely. I was VERY sore the first 2 days after the race but it is fading. My knee still hurts depending on how I move it and my thighs still burn when I try to squat or when I am walking down the stairs. The only place I am really feeling any significant pain is my right foot. I can't remember if this is the same foot that was hurting before. It is definitely the same place but I could have sworne it was my left foot that was hurting. It would really help if I had a refigerator/freezer then I could ice my legs as much as I wanted but that's not coming until Monday so I'll have to make due with what I can do for now.

I am taking this week off from doing anything other than walking. Since the weather is going to be nice this weekend I might get out on my bike and ride around the new neighborhood so that I can get some exercise (I don't want to get too lazy). Next week I will start swimming with my coworkers. I have been informed that I am not allowed to talk about how one of them looks in his bathing suit. I cannot make any such agreements until I have actually seen him in his bathing suit. I'm looking foward to adding swimming into my workout plan. I also plan to focus more on doing some weight training exercises and being serious about my ab workouts. I can't count the number of times I have said that I will be consistant with my ab workouts only to do them for a few days and then stop. I'm serious this time!

Since the marathon is over I won't have that to discuss anymore but I will be training for a triathalon which will probably be an even more interesting topic.

3 comments:

Paul said...

Make all the fun you want of him in his bathing suit...everyone else there does.

runrgrl2007 said...

I wonder if you made fun of me in my bathing suit?????? HMMMMMMM.....
Good luck with swimming....it will be nice when I can run again so maybe then I could see you!

Tam said...

Paul - I think I will make fun of him.

Amy - If I made fun of you then you would have read about it! You can see me anytime you want, just call.