Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Early Morning Swim

Yesterday Paul informs me that he and Susan will be going swimming sometime between 5:30 and 6:00am the next morning and lets me know that I am welcome to come. Hmmm, this would mean that I would have to get up at 5:00 in the morning! I'm not really a morning person so I have to think about this. I decided since I've been waking up around 5 lately anyway it shouldn't be a big deal and I might as well get up and go work out. At least this way I will have it out of the way for the day.

I'd just like to say for the record that Paul and Susan are soooo CUTE! It was funny to see them playing around in the water. Paul tries to act tough at work but I see now that he's really not, LOL.

Ok....so I did 500 meters NON-STOP. No, stoping after each length to hold on and then push off of the wall. I was actually doing flip-turns. Not necessarily really good ones, but it got the job done. I need to perfect my turns as to avoid several things: scraping the bottom of the pool with my feet/legs and swallowing pool water (nasty). I wasn't completely worn out when I finished either which was a good thing. Now I just need to get up to at least 750 and then I will start working on trying to go faster. Hmm, I think I might have some nice looking shoulders when this is all said and done.

I didn't even feel bad that Susan and Paul did about 800 meters in the time it took me to do 500. They do have a considerable height advantage on me!

I am postponing Experiment Two because I did not take the time to get a plastic shower cap before the swim this morning. I am not very optimistic that it will work though. If not, that is okay, I will just deal with having to tame my hair after the swims - it's worth it!

1 comment:

Paul said...

Susan and I were not playing...we were fighting for who was in the front :P .