Thursday, November 20, 2008

Ready To Go

I said that I was going to take a month off from running after my marathon. Well it has been almost three weeks and I think I'm about to lose it. I need to run! I went from running 3-5 times a week to not running at all and I can definitely feel the difference. I thought I would gain weight because I haven't really been eating less but luckily that hasn't happened. I'm not quite sure WHY it hasn't happened but I'm happy so I won't question it. I have started swimming so I am getting some type of workout in but swimming just doesn't do for me what running does. I'm so concerned with thinking about my stroke, my flip turn, staying in my lane, not swallowing pool water, etc. that I don't get the chance to relax like I do on a nice long run.

Some of my friends from the running group are planning on getting together on Saturday and running and I'm strongly considering running with them. I feel fine, my knee hasn't been bothering me at all. I do still feel a slight twinge in my foot at times but I'm not too concerned with that. It's not like I did the marathon all out and was completely exhausted afterwards so I think I'll be fine with just a three week break instead of an entire month. OK, yep, I've decided, I will be running on Saturday! I'll just take it easy and if I start to hurt at all I will stop and walk. If I feel great then I will incorporate running back into my schedule. It will have to consist of some weekend runs and short runs during my lunch break because it has gotten much too cold to run in the morning before work or in the evening after work. I KNOW I KNOW, real runners don't complain about the weather....

3 comments:

Paul said...

I guess I am not a real runner because I complain about the weather all the time. I have been on bike rides when it was 19 degrees out before but running just isn't the same.

Tam said...

I would think that running in 19 degree weather is a lot easier than biking!

Unknown said...

hey... I cook also.... and clean.. lol