Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Ramblings of a Runner

I really don't have anything specific to talk about today so I thought I'd just say a few things that I thought about today. I ran a little over 5 miles today....it was kinda difficult but satisfying.

1. I am struggling with the balance of eating enough versus too much. Maybe I need to see a nutritionist. I don't like being hungry all the time.

2. I'm tired...I think I need to work on my sleep. This is nothing new, same as always, I just don't sleep through the night and it sucks.

3. Why do they insist on serving unhealthy food for meetings at work? We've had two meals at work this week. One was breakfast where they served the chicken mini's from Chick-fil-a. Each of these tiny things is over 100 calories of carbs and fat. The second was lunch were we had pulled pork, baked beans, potato salad and cole slaw...pretty much nothing healthy about meal at all. It doesn't help that food is a weakness of mine so it isn't like I could just not eat it, LOL. I'm more concerned with the people that eat a bunch of this stuff but don't go run 5 miles after work.

4. Am I the only one that finds it annoying when people say, "You work out so you can eat whatever you want."? First of all, you clearly have no concept of all that I wish to eat or else you wouldn't have said that. Secondly, no I can't....I work out so that I can eat more of the things I want but I definitely can't eat WHATEVER I want.

Ummm, that's enough for one night. I did not intend for this to be a negative post but rereading it, it seems that it is slightly negative. Maybe a good night sleep will improve my mood. *crosses fingers and says goodnight*

2 comments:

Stan said...

There is a guy I work with that does that to me all the time. It drives me insane when I hear. Well your working out, have some more.

Especially all the donuts that people bring in. UGH!!!! Now we are having a pot luck lunch next week.. sigh last time there was like fried chicken there. :P

Your post wasn't too negative, you just were letting off a little steam :)

Tiffany said...

People also like to size you up and inform you that you don't need to watch what you're eating b/c you're skinny enough. Mind your business!