Saturday, March 7, 2009

My First Brick

The weather was PERFECT today!!! I wish it could just stay like this year round. It made for a wonderful workout.

Before signing up for this whole triathlon thing I had never heard of a brick workout. Apparently it is a pretty common workout for triathlon training. Basically you do some biking and then you switch to running. This will help you get used to the transition from biking to running which can take some time getting used to.

We did a 14 mile bike and then a 1.5 mile run. Then we did a 10.5 mile bike and a 2 mile run. I was a little nervous before we started because it seemed like a pretty intense workout. I turned out to not be too bad. I felt good during and after the workout.

I mapped out our ride on Google maps before we left. I think I did a pretty good job since I had never ridden around the area before. I did a pretty good job. There was only one road that was really a gravel road and only one road that didn't exactly go through like the map said it would. That's why the first bike ride was a little bit longer than the second one.

Tomorrow we are going for a 3 hour bike ride. I hope Paul can make it, he might have overdone it today, LOL.

1 comment:

Paul said...

Those were good roads to ride on. I had never ridden out that way so it was nice to be on new roads.