Thursday, October 2, 2008

Sleep Diary

Marisa's post on sleep has really had me thinking about the level and the quality of my sleep. I think I am really sleep deprived! I wonder how much better I would feel if I actually got the amount of sleep that I probably need. I decided that I would start keeping track of my sleeping habits as well as the things I am doing (or not doing) to increase my ability to have a good night's sleep. Hopefully this analysis will help me figure out what will allow me to get a great night of sleep.

Tuesday night I slept for about 5 hours until SOMEONE kicked me and woke me up. After that I woke up about every 20 minutes until my alarm went off.

Wednesday night I slept for about 4 hours before I had to get up to pee. After that I woke up about every 30 minutes until my alarm went off.

Soooo....not off to the greatest start. It seems that once I am disturbed from my sleep that I have a hard time getting back into the rhythm. Also, I need to figure out when I should stop drinking at night so that I won't have to use the bathroom during the night. Finding the balance of hydration and having to use the bathroom is a struggle. I always seem to feel dehydrated in the morning which causes me to want to drink more at night.

I have to admit that I haven't exactly started following the suggestions that were provided about the TV. I have decided to eliminate some shows from my viewing schedule so that is a start. This is a process - I'm not trying to go "cold turkey" on the television habits! We'll see how this goes.....

1 comment:

Kay said...

Even though I dont have trouble sleeping, I read an article once that said taking a warm to hot shower right before bed was a great sleep enhancer. I told a friend that has horrible sleep problems and she said it has helped. Seems to relax your body just enough to slip into ZZZZZZZZZZ. Hope it might help for you. See you tonight!