Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Recovery Day

I was so happy when Marisa agreed to let us do a short easy run today instead of hills. I'm pretty sure that there was no way in heck I was going to be able to do hills today. My legs felt so heavy and sore during the short run we did today. Hopefully with some heavy icing and stretching they will feel better on Thursday when we actually DO have to do some hill work. Not to mention, I have a 21 mile run scheduled for Sunday.

I really have to get some rest. I was so tired today at work that I just knew I might fall asleep at my desk at any moment. At one point I contemplated going into one of the phone booths and taking a nap but figured that it would be just my luck that someone would come looking in on me and that probably wouldn't be good.

I have less than a month until the marathon. I plan to be consistant with my core work, improve my diet and increase the amount of sleep I get. Doing all these things will allow me to do my best on the day of the marathon. I'm starting to get nervous.....just one more thing to keep me awake at night, LOL.

1 comment:

runrgrl2007 said...

You need to get some rest and stop stressing over all the things you have going on. Let people help you! If there is anything I can do, let me. Your going to kick ass in your marathon. I am getting excited for you! I am the one who should be nervous. Your well trained just remember that!