Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Day One

Today was the first day meeting my running group. I have to admit I was a little nervous since I didn't know anyone else that was joining the group. I'm a very outgoing person but I still sometimes get shy when meeting new people. Luckily, everyone seems really nice and welcoming. Our trainer is awesome, I say that because she's completed an Ironman and is training for another one. Anyone that can complete an Ironman is amazing in my book. If you don't know, that's a 2 mile swim, 112 mile bike and 26 mile run. Yeah I know what you're thinking.....

Today's run was an easy 4 mile run at the park. I was comfortable with the run since I often run at that park anyway. There are about 20 people in the running group and people run at different paces. I wasn't sure who to run with so I started out with two of the women but after going up the first hill of the run I realized that I clearly should be running with a slower group!
So I ended up finishing the run by myself but it was okay because there was a group of people waiting to cheer me on at the end. It was very encouraging, I think I'm going to like this...

No comments: