Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Heat Wave

Today was just TOO hot to run. I am so glad that the group decided that it would be dangerous to run outside on the track in almost 100 degree weather. If we had decided to still do it I would have braved the elements but I can't promise that someone wouldn't have had to rush me to the hospital. I just don't do well in the heat!

Instead of running outside we were assigned a treadmill workout. I don't HATE the treadmill I just would much rather run outside but that's okay. I'll take the treadmill in the air conditioning over a hot ass track any day. I did feel kind of silly doing intervals on the treadmill and I KNOW the other people in the gym where wondering what the hell was going on with me. I would speed up, then slow down, then speed up, then slow down. This went on for about 30 minutes, LOL. Oh well, I'm not doing this for anyone but myself so I really don't care if they thought I was crazy or not!

No comments: