Sunday, July 6, 2008

Sunday Morning Run

During our first running session we decided on the time for our Sunday morning runs. The 1st suggestion was 9:00 am, I'm thinking hell yeah, I can definitely do that. Then people start complaining about how they don't want to waste their Sunday by starting that late to do the run. Someone throws out 6:00 am, I'm thinking hell naw, there is NO way I'm going to be able to get up at 6 in the morning much less run. Finally, we decided to go with 7:00 am, not much better in my opinion but I can work with it.

Today was the first Sunday morning run and it went surprisingly well. I made myself go to bed early instead of staying up all night playing Call of Duty, which is what I usually do on Saturday nights (clearly, I need to get a life). I got up around 6:15 and made it to the park on time. Thankfully, the meeting place is only 5 minutes from my apartment.

Once again, I tried running with the somewhat "faster" group. It turned out pretty well though, even though we did make one wrong turn I didn't pass out and I felt good afterwards. It ended up being a little under 6 miles and I kept it at about a 10:20/mile pace. That's actually a little faster than what I should have been running seeing as it was supposed to be a LSD run. That's Long Slow Distance for all you non-runners, lol. So, it seems as if I will make it through these Sunday runs after all.

No comments: