Monday, July 21, 2008

Salem Lake

Sunday was our third long run ( we have 15 more...) and I don't know how I made it through. We ran 6.7 miles at Salem Lake. I have run Salem Lake numerous times....it is a dangerous place to run! Lots of rocks and roots and other things for you to trip over. Luckily no one bit the dust this time but I have definitely seen it happen. We did have one person get lost on the trail but we found them in no time. I still can't quite figure out how they got lost but I DO know someone who literally could get lost in a phonebooth so I guess anything is possible.

I struggled through the run, if it wasn't for my wonderful running partner I think I would have stopped around mile 3. I guess that's what happens when you only get 2 hours of sleep the night before and about 3 the night before that! I will definitely have to make sure to get my rest in on Saturday nights. It also didn't help that it was super muggy outside. The air was really thick making it hard to breathe. I looked like I had been swimming when I finished the run. But I FINISHED!!! Despite the heat, humidity, my weariness....I FINISHED. I'm dedicated to this marathon training and I will not give up. Btw....my foot is still not 100% but it doesn't bother me when I run so I will continue to ice and stretch it but not be worried about it affecting my training.

I'm so glad today is an OFF day.............

No comments: