Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Track Star

1st track workout......I actually did better than I expected. We did 4 x 800 meters. An 800 is twice around the track, apparently that isn't common knowledge. I guess since I knew it I just assumed everyone else did. This time I was able to stay with one of the faster people, not the fastEST people but hey, I have to give it some time.

I used to LOVE the 800 when I ran track, especially the 800 relay. I had one of my best track moments during a track meet at a rival high school when I had to run the 1st leg of the 4x800 relay. I started out behind but at the end of that second lap with about 200 meters to go I walked the lead girl down and handed off the baton first! Ah, the good ol' days....

Today I was just glad I didn't have a heart attack since it was hot as heck and I haven't done a track workout in years. But I did finish and I look forward to the next one.

No comments: