Monday, July 14, 2008

Oh No! Not a Pain

After my run on Sunday I came home and showered and settled in on the couch. After about 3 hours of Call of Duty I got up to get a snack and felt this awful pain in my foot. Ah hell, I can't have any injuries popping up to stop my progress. I've had shin splints, tendonitis in my Achellies, heel spurs and all types of strains and sprains but I had never felt a pain quite like this. It hurt on the side of my foot, kind of at the bottom but not all the way underneath.

Since it wasn't any better this morning and it really hurts to walk I made a trip down to the nearby Urgent Care Clinic. They took x-rays and it's not a stress fracture (that would have been disastorous to my training), apparently it is just a case of tendonitis although I've never had tendonitis in this particular location. So I've decided to take a few days off and rest, ice, compress and elevate (RICE) my foot. Hopefully a few days off will take care of this problem because I don't need any set backs in my training.

No comments: