Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving

I figured since I just finished eating leftovers yesterday it isn't too late to blog about my Thanksgiving. It was the first Thanksgiving at the new house!! The double oven really came in handy. Of course we had a fried turkey, once you've had a fried turkey it is really hard to go back to having a roasted one. The rest of the menu included stuffing, chicken n' dumplings, macaroni and cheese, sweet potato souffle, potato salad, collard greens, green beans, deviled eggs, honey baked ham, pies and pound cake. Just thinking about it all makes me want to get up and go do some exercising right now. I would have thought after all I ate and how lazy I've been since last Thursday that I might have gained some weight but I weighed myself this morning and no change (whew!).

I did run a little the early afternoon of Thanksgiving. I ran about 20 minutes and felt like that was plenty. I can't even imagine running for almost 5 hours straight after the way that 20 minutes felt, I really have to get back on schedule with my running. Especially since my leg muscles were sore the day after that short and easy run! This is a busy week for me but hopefully I can get back on track next week. Plus I have two weeks off during Christmas time so I can get lots of running in during that time provide the weather isn't too bad.

Since this is a Thanksgiving post and there is SO much I have to be thankful for I thought I would list the most important thing to me.

My loving husband, my wonderful family and friends that encourage me, push me, love me, tease me, and are always there for me when I need them! Thank you guys!

1 comment:

runrgrl2007 said...

I didn't see where you were thankful for me your running buddy. You might want to go back and change that! Love ya! I wish I had two weeks of during Christmas, will you do my shopping for me?