Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Swim Therapy

I've been in a shitty mood lately. I have a few theories as to why but I'll save those for an off-line conversation if you're interested. Anyhow, I went swimming after work today and it definitely helped bring my mood up. That combined with listening to some Mariah Carey on the way home afterwards....I don't know what I'd do without music in my life.

I swam 700 meters today non-stop! That's only one lap away from the distance of my goal triathlon in April. I was happy with today's swim and I felt like my form was a lot better since I incorporated the suggestions that Marisa gave me. I said that swimming didn't provide the same stress release as runnning but maybe I was wrong because I felt really good when I finished. I did also feel a little dizzy, I probably should have had a snack before my swim. It was very calming to move through the water with the only noise being my breathing and the splash from my strokes. It made me think of one of my favorite movies, The Little Mermaid. I know the main character wanted to be a human but that movie always made me want to be a mermaid, LOL.

Now I just need to focus on getting on track with the rest of my plan: diet, weight training, core training, etc. Maybe next week.....

2 comments:

Paul said...

It is normal to be dizzy after a swim (at least for me it is). I am so use to it now I don't even think about it anymore.

runrgrl2007 said...

Funny, even with the little swimming I did I was dizzy. I thought my swim cap was too tight and that was why!