1. I need to stop eating dairy. Just taking two weeks off from dairy improved the way I felt. I was less bloated and less gassy. I don't know if there could have been something else that added to this but I didn't change anything else so I will attribute my improvement to not eating dairy.
2. There is no way I can stop eating dairy, LOL. There are too many things I love that have dairy in them for me to just cut it out completely. I am going to try to limit my dairy to only occasionally instead of eating it every day.
3. I eat dairy everyday! Before doing this if you asked me how many servings of dairy I ate in a day I would have said maybe 1 and sometimes none. WRONG! By really paying attention to what I eat I realized that there are a lot of things that I was eating that contained dairy and I wasn't even aware of.
4. My favorite coffee drink at work has dairy in it, hot chocolate has dairy in it, my new favorite salad dressing has dairy in it, my favorite chips have dairy in them. I mean WTF! Does everything have dairy in it???
5. Tofutti sour cream does NOT taste better than real sour cream. It looks like it might but trust me, it doesn't. I love sour cream and I was REALLY hoping this would be an acceptable substitute, it isn't.
Bottom Line: I am going to save my dairy servings for special occasions but I'm not going to cut it out of my diet completely just yet. There is a popular saying that goes "Change will come when the pain of staying the same is worse than the pain of change." so I guess until it gets worse I won't be changing completely.