Sunday, January 10, 2010

Primal Living Update

It has been a week since I decided to change my lifestyle and predominately eliminate grains from my diet. I've done pretty well. I ate some sushi one night which of course contained rice. I'm not sure if I count that 100% since I got sick after eating it and most of it didn't stay in my stomach. A word of advice...don't mix sushi with bananas and ice cream. It is NOT a good combination. I decided not to eliminate potatoes but I do plan on eating them in moderation. Potatoes and beans aren't officially a part of the Primal lifestyle and maybe if I get more into it I will eliminate them as well but for right now I'm not going that extreme.

So how do I feel? I feel great! Other than a slight stomach issue I've had for the past few days, which I don't believe is due to the diet I've felt much less bloated than normal. I've also lost a few pounds which is great. Hopefully this weight loss trend will continue so I can reach my goal of losing 15 pounds by June. I haven't really started exercising regularly so once I get on track with that, I expect to see more results.

Do I miss grains? Not really. There have been a few times this past week when I wanted to eat some cake or a doughnut but it hasn't been that intense. When I think about it, the things that I have eliminated are the things that I shouldn't have been eating regularly in the first place. It isn't like I was eating some super healthy grains, I was eating the unhealthy types of grains and it is best that I eliminated them anyway.

Tonight I made tacos but instead of a taco shell I used Boston Lettuce leafs. They were delicious. I didn't miss the taco shells at all. This is just one example of easy substitutions I'll be making.

No comments: