Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Island of Temptation

I've blogged before about how my office is full of unhealthy temptations. At first I was thinking maybe I was exaggerating and it really isn't that bad, until this week. Yesterday at a breakfast meeting we had Chick-fil-A chicken minis, doughnuts, and fruit with caramel sauce. What in the world! If that wasn't bad enough today we had a going away event complete with a giant cake that they tried to force down everyone's throat. I mean, some people actually tried to make me feel guilty about not eating any of the cake.

It is a good thing that I am resolute in my decision to keep my diet at around 80% primal. I was able to pass on all of the things that didn't meet this description and just stick with the fruit in both cases. The funny thing is that I was only slightly tempted to partake in the food orgy that was going on around me. There are some key visuals that helped curb my enthusiasm for the unhealthy food but I'll let you just imagine what they were since my blog is open for anyone to read.

I'm sure that this situation is not unique to my office. These scenarios are what cause large amounts of office workers to become unhealthy and overweight all the time. Between the stress of the job, the long hours and the endless "celebrations" it is no wonder people have such a hard maintaining a healthy lifestyle.

1 comment:

Dena said...

Great job sticking to the plan! I bet I can guess what the key visuals were. Keep up the good work!