Wednesday, December 9, 2009

P90X vs. My Husband

Hey y'all! I haven't fallen off the side of the earth, I just haven't been very inspired to write anything but a nudge from Dena and a hilarious workout last night just might get me back on track.

I mentioned in a previous post about the Primal Blueprint and how I was going to try to adhere to that way of life. Well we (my husband and I) decided that it we would take it slow and just make a few changes right now and then really get started after the holidays. There is just too much bread, sweets and stuffing floating around during the holidays to make a significant lifestyle change.

As a part of our improved lifestyle we are going to start working out together. I know my runner friends won't like the part of the Primal Blueprint that makes a case against chronic cardio workouts (i.e. marathon training). I can respect some of the scientific information the author presents BUT I'm not going to stop running! Concerning the working out together part, we are going to start taking walks (my husband doesn't like to run) and we are going to do some of the P90X workouts together.

Which leads me to the title of my post. Monday night the husband said he wanted to get started with our work out plan and that we needed to do a P90X video on Tuesday. Since we aren't doing the official plan and we're just going to do some of the videos a few times a week I decided to pick one of my favorite videos (Core Synergistics). He was talking junk about how he was going to do better than me with the workout, blah blah blah. I just smiled and replied "of course you are". Well 35 minutes into the video he's laid out on the floor crying about how he feels like he's going to throw up. HAHA! I'm sure that eventually he'll build up to the point where he can actually finish the workout but at least he learned a valuable lesson about challenging me when it comes to fitness.....

No comments: