Sunday, March 14, 2010

Hot Yoga and H2O




I've been doing yoga on and off since college and I've always enjoyed it. I'm not well versed on the different types of yoga but I know I prefer the more "power" type yoga verses the meditative type. Recently a friend of mine told me about Hot Yoga. I was a little skeptical at first seeing as I hate being hot. Well this morning I decided to go for it. And you know what?? I loved it!! It was invigorating, relaxing, and an intense workout.

The workout was 90 minutes long, we did 26 different poses in a room where the temperature was about 100 degrees. The poses were a combination of sitting and standing poses. Unlike the majority of the yoga I've done this was mainly focused on flexibility and balance. I was able to do the majority of the poses even if I couldn't move into the advanced form of the pose. The actual workout itself wasn't too hard but the heat made it super intense. I'm pretty sure I was sweating from every pore in my body, I must have lost 5 lbs in sweat. I'm strongly considering added this to my workout routine. The yoga place recommended that you go 3-4 times a week to get the maximum benefit but that's a little to costly for my budget. I'm thinking once a week is the most I'll be able to swing.

Bottom-line: I really enjoyed this new workout..it is always nice to find a new way to exercise.

No comments: