Thursday, February 4, 2010

S.A.D.

I'm starting to think that I have Seasonal Affective Disorder (S.A.D.) which is also known as "the winter blues". I just don't really feel like doing anything other than sit on the couch and watch TV and honestly I barely feel like doing that. I wish I was a bear and I could just hibernate for the winter. I also wouldn't mind eating a whole bunch of food to prepare for hibernation. Sadly, I'm not a bear so I have to deal with the cold and dreary weather.

I need to come up with a happiness kit, full of items and activities that make me happy so that I can survive this winter. Hmm...maybe I can find a way to bottle up some warmth and sunshine.

Okay, I really just wanted y'all to know that I haven't frozen to death in a block of ice. I'm still here just haven't been in the greatest mood and I didn't want to bring anyone else's mood down with a bunch of depressing posts. So that I don't end this post on a "sad" note, I'll share with you a few things that make me happy and keep me warm.

  • A mug of hot chocolate with melted marshmallows on top
  • My snuggie
  • A large pot of homemade soup
  • Fuzzy slippers
  • Super soft pajamas
  • Hot bath with red velvet scented bubble bath
  • The best chili ever
  • Cuddling with my hubby

What things help you make it through the winter blues?

2 comments:

Dena said...

♬ These are a few of my fav-or-ite things...♬

runrgrl2007 said...

I am sorry your mood is S.A.D....Maybe a run with good friends and especially one goofy fri(ME) will make you feel better.