1 cup corn flake crumbs (I just crushed up some Special K)
2 tsp chipotle chili powder (or regular chili powder)
1/2 tsp ground cumin
3/4 tsp garlic salt
2 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tsp season salt
1/2 cup buttermilk
4 bone-in chicken thighs (I removed the skin)
1. Heat oven to 375. Line backing sheet with aluminum foil. (I recommend spraying the foil with cooking spray because mine got stuck to the foil.)
2. In a bowl mix together buttermilk, 1 tsp cayenne pepper and seasoning salt. Place chicken in bowl to soak.
3. Meanwhile, mix corn flakes, chili powder, cumin, salt and rest of cayenne pepper in a large ziploc bag.
4. Remove chicken from bowl and place in bag. Shake until coated with cornflake mixture.
5. Place chicken on prepared baking sheet. Bake at 375 for 50-55 minutes or until golden and crispy and internal temperature registers 160. (I just want to say that having a probe hookup in your oven is wonderful.)
Nutritional Information per thigh: 285 calories, 18g fat, 21g protein, 9g carbohydrates